Monday, May 31, 2021

Murph

Ashley, Bode, and I did the Murph workout today.  This involves running one mile, and then doing 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, and 300 air-squats, and then running one mile again.  Ashley and Bode did a shortened version of it, while I did the whole thing.  My goal was to finish in 48 minutes (my age in years tomorrow), and I came in at 47:12, slightly slower than last year, but I was very pleased.

Afterwards, we paused for some pictures.  Sondra and her two daughters, Lexa and Mia, also did the work out, and it was a very motivational morning.  You can see them below working hard.

Next we have a goofy shot of Ashley and Sondra.
Here's a funny one of Bode and Ashley.
And then a good one of the three of them.
We also got a good larger group shot of some of the athletes.
Finally, a nice family picture of the three of us.

You can really see how much taller Bode is than Ashley.  He's also pretty solid--the kiddo has some muscles under that shirt.  He weighs over 150 pounds, and when he shoves me, I move a lot more than I used to :-)  Happy Memorial Day to all.

No comments: