Thursday, July 17, 2014

Summer Vacation Part I

We headed down to Fort Walton Beach for some fun in the sun.  We were anxious to be in the warm weather, as we've concluded Colorado summers aren't the nice humid experiences we so thoroughly enjoy.  Don't get me wrong--we do like the Colorado weather...but when it's hot, it's very dry.  We prefer the rain-forest environment.  We headed out early to the airport on a Tuesday morning.  Ashley was surprisingly cheery this time of day.
Bode was in a goofy mood.  For some reason, I laugh every time I look at this picture.
I look like my normal dopey self no matter what time of day.
When we got to Nana and Papa's, it was not super sunny; a little rainy and overcast.  However, it was humid.  Ashley was content to sit on the dock and absorb some of that Florida warmth.
Bode had to get in the water.  I think he averaged two swims a day while on the trip.  He even grew some gills.
We had a lovely first day in Florida.  Day 2 coming up next--it's when Uncle Dave, Teddy, and Charlie arrived.  Let the fun begin!

No comments: