Sunday, July 24, 2011

SV Part VI: Water Fun

We spent a lot of time out in the sun, either at the beach or at the pool. Of course, sun-screen was a big part of the day. Here's Mommy getting ready to apply some to Bode-man.
Even though Bode likes the pool, he doesn't venture very far into the water. He usually likes to stay on the stairs in ankle-to-knee deep water. Sometimes, after much begging, Ashley is able to convince Bode to let her carry him into the water.
Bode loved going to the beach. Sadly, I never took any real "beach" pictures. I did take some pictures of Cricket water skiing.
In the second picture, you can see "Aqua Island" in the background. This was a series of floating devices which you climb on, run on, bounce on, and jump from. Dave, Ashley, and I did this for an hour on our last day at Callaway. It was exhausting (this seems to be a theme...maybe we're just getting old). Part of Aqua Island was set up as an obstacle course, in which we could race each other. The three of us decided to race each other. Fortunately, there was no one else there, so we had the place to ourselves. Dave got a big lead on Ashley and me, but towards the end, he slipped off and fell in the water. I saw my chance, but as I passed, I too, fell into the water. Dave recovered and reached the finish line. I pulled myself back onto the platform just as Ashley was passing me. She turned the corner with the finish in sight, only to slip and fall, allowing me to pass. We all collapsed into the water, laughing. It was quite amusing.

There was also a miniature golf course. Ashley, Bode, and I played. Well, Ashley and I played. Bode just taps the ball along, but he gets real excited when he finally gets it in the hole. Ashley won our little game...by 10 strokes. It's not that I played poorly--she simply couldn't miss.
One more post to come, but it might be awhile. I'm trying to get some pictures emailed to me so I can include them. Let's hope I get them because I want to show pictures of the Towering Tree of Death (actually, it was called the Treetop Challenge, but my name sounds scarier :-)

No comments: