Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Vacation Part I

For the past eight days, Ashley, Bode, and I have been in the great state of Georgia, soaking up the sun at Callaway Gardens. We had a fan-tab-u-lous time, and only wish we had had the foresight to book a two-week stay. The next series of posts will show some of the fun things we did at Callaway.

Like many of our previous vacations, we were able to stop in Atlanta and visit the Bledsoes. They were their usual gracious hosts, especially the boys Westin and Keller, with whom Bode loves to play. Here's a photo of the three of them, with a side shot of Cathy, eating their lunch.
For someone that was given survival odds slightly better than a coin flip a couple years ago due to stage 3 breast cancer, Cathy looks amazing.

Gary Whitehall, an old Atlanta buddy of both Dave and Ashley, stopped in for a visit. Here are Gary and me hanging on the sofa.
At this point, I would usually post some pictures of Bode and Westin from the pool. However, Saturday morning, the temperature was around 70, cloudy, and rainy. Brrr (well, not really, but when you're used to 90+ degrees, the delta is significant). The boys did brave the elements and went swimming--and I, too, got in the water. Sadly, Dave nor Ashley decided to enjoy (hate) the pool with me. Oh well, there is always next year.

Here is a final picture of Gary's 5-year old daughter, Sam. For some reason, Sam adores me. We saw Sam a couple years ago, and I had to use a spatula to scrape her off my legs. Evidently she wanted something to remember me by, and wanted to take my picture. Here is a shot of her taking a picture of me :-)
We tried to get Dave, Cathy, and Gary to promise to visit us in Dayton. They just laughed.

Up next, the events of Callaway.

No comments: