Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Summit County Day 3

Ashley and I thought we'd get a bit of a respite while skiing with Bode today.  We were wrong.  He's quite the little skier--I don't know if I can go fast enough for his liking :-)  The weather wasn't quite as nice today as yesterday, as there was less sun.  Still, we had a great time.  Bode started the day with his usual enthusiasm.
We then headed to the top of the Mercury Chair.
After a few runs, we headed over to Peak 10--Bode liked the "Experts Only" sign in front of the Falcon Chair lift.  I guess he didn't realize he fell in this category :-)
Here's Bode getting ready to go down Volunteer, a black diamond--not quite a double black diamond, but still challenging and fun.
We then stopped for a quick break--we're trying to drink a lot of water to stave off the head-aches; the side effect is a lot of peeing.  Ashley took a nice picture of Bode and me, and note how the sun is trying hard to come out.
We then headed over to Peak 8.  Once again, I stopped to take some pictures of my favorite part of the mountain as Ashley and Bode skied down--not quite as picturesque with the clouds, but still very nice.
Finally, we took the Peak 8 super-connect up, and headed up 6-Chair to above treeline.  It was a little messy up there.
We skied for about two and a half hours, and covered over 12,000 vertical feet.  Bode was a joy to ski with--he even commented that I was going too slow.  Around 11:00, the crowds started to show up, so we packed up and headed over to Downstairs at Eric's for lunch.  We stopped for a nice picture of Bode and Ashley--note the boy still won't wear a jacket.
After Eric's, Bode had to play some skeet-ball at the arcade.  I think he'd spend his whole day there if he could...
After lunch, we hung out in the hot-tub, and, sadly, I took a little nap :-)  We will try one more ski-day tomorrow.  Bode says he's up for it--I sort of hope he's tired, as I wouldn't mind sleeping in!  Pleasant day to all.

No comments: