Sunday, March 22, 2020

A Little Boredom

We are all stuck at home, but we did have a busy day.  Bode helped me put chicken wire around two of my garden plots, and we also sprayed the cucumbers for fungi.  We have a good start to this season's crops.  In the first plot, we have four solid rows of peas forming and some corn starting to show.  No sign yet of the broccoli or the tomatoes (I started both from seed).
I have a lot of potatoes and cucumbers that are really growing.  Plus, I have my seven strawberry plants, and I already see some little strawberries forming.
My blackberries are really coming in.  Sadly, I don't have a net over them, and I worry some birds are going to feast. 
The progress on the carriage house continues.  We had the trusses installed on Friday, so I believe work on the second floor should start tomorrow.
Bode has one more week until his online study programs begins.  We're trying to keep his chops sharp by having him do some online math programs, and he is practicing his music on a daily basis.  We are working out (at home) and trying to stay fit.  Here's hoping we stay healthy and sane :-)

No comments: