Monday, March 9, 2020

Summit County Day 2

We had a wonderful second day in Summit County.  We woke up early and went skiing.  Bode was still feeling a little under the weather, so we let him sleep (I think he's fine--just being a lazy bum).  Ashley and I had a great day skiing together.  We got there when the lifts opened and headed up Quicksilver.  We were hoping Falcon Chair would have been open, but it wasn't quite ready, so we did a ride up Mercury and stopped for a picture.
We had an awesome run to start--first tracks in about three inches of snow--wonderful conditions.  We then headed over to Falcon Chair, and did three or four runs there.
After spending some time on Peak 10, we headed over to Peak 8.  I think the below picture is my favorite part of this mountain.
For the final runs of the day, we headed up 6-Chair to just above treeline.  We weren't feeling the Imperial lift, as it looked a little scary.
After skiing, we headed over to the pool and the hot-tubs.  I brought my camera today; sadly, no moose.
Bode and I were swimming in the pool, and I asked Ashley to take some pictures.  She somehow took one-second movies for each shot...
We then did an escape room.  We managed to find Big Foot and successfully completed the room :-)
I forgot to post this picture before we left--the carriage house is really coming along!
It will be neat to see how much progress there is when we get home...but before that, we have more skiing to do!  Pleasant day to all.

No comments: