Sunday, July 16, 2017

Callaway #2: Aqua Day

Monday was another fantastic day in the Gardens.  Ashley and I both went on a morning run, which was lovely due to the exorbitant amount of oxygen in the air.  Bode started the day learning some circus tricks such as the proper way to fall from a trapeze bar.  Very fun, and also very practical in today's modern world.  We all had a nice lunch, and then Bode headed over to Aqua Island, which is just a conglomeration of a lot of floating inflatables on the lake.  The kiddos suited up in their life vests...
and soon they were out exploring the grand (inflatable) island adventure.
Bode played for about an hour on these devices--Ashley and I did them by ourselves on Tuesday morning, and then the three of us did them together on Wednesday morning.  They are a ton of fun to play on, but also very tiring.  We lounged around the rest of the day on Monday because Monday evening, we went water skiing.  Here's a shot of Bode ready and raring to go.
The first boat-activity was some tubing.  Bode and Ashley went first.
I took the below movie of the two of them--it's long, and nothing too exciting happens (e.g. no wipe out).
After Bode and Mommy, Ashley and I went...
followed by Bode and me.
The only person that fell off was me during the ride with Ashley (I contend she elbowed me off).  After the tubing, Ashley did a little knee boarding...
as did I.
The highlight of the adventure had to have been Bode on water skis.  Here he is getting some instruction.
I was amazed how easily the instructor got Bode up.  He just set up behind Bode, the boat started, and next thing you know, the two of them are skiing.  On Bode's second time up on skis, the instructor let go of him, and he started to fall.  We all thought he was going down, including the instructor, who let go of the rope.  Bode's snow skiing must have paid off, because he saved himself, and was then skiing all by his lonesome.
He stayed up for almost a whole minute, when I finally realized to take a movie.
An incredible day on the water, so much so that we decided to go again later in the week.  Stay tuned for those pics!

No comments: