Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas

I'm happy to report Santa Claus made a successful delivery to our house.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.  First, a couple of pictures of Bode in front of the Christmas tree before the fat man came.
Note the above picture is on Christmas Eve eve, not Christmas Eve.  Bode would not allow a fire on Christmas Eve.  I tried to assure him Santa uses a special chemical to prevent himself from being burned, but he was skeptical.  We spent Christmas Eve lounging around the house.  Ashley and I both squeezed in some exercise at the gym, and then the three of us went to a movie--Penguins of Madagascar.  It was very entertaining.  We had a light dinner, and then I tried to convince Bode to watch Christmas Vacation with me.  He didn't get most of the humor--perhaps in a couple of years.  We also posed for some family pictures, Bode again opting to go shirtless.  Maybe Santa will bring him some clothes...
We all then snuggled in for a long winter's nap.  Joey and Harley needed no convincing to go to bed, as they were wiped out from a day of hard playing.
We were about to go to bed when Bode reminded me to put some cookies and milk out for Santa.  Tragedy averted.
Bode slept with us on Christmas Eve, and he even slept in...until 7 or so.  We got up, and Bode was thrilled to report Santa had come.  We hurried out to the tree, and Bode immediately opened up his stocking.
Santa also remembered to bring things for Joey and Harley.
The highlight (for me at least) had to have been the present Bode got Ashley.  Bode's school had a "present room" and the kids could all go and shop.  Then, a little envelop was sent home that just had the costs.  Thus, we didn't really know what Bode was getting us.  I was taking him to school one morning and he said, "I know Mommy will like her present.  I just wanted to get her something really beautiful."  And when we woke up Christmas morning, he said something similar.  Very cute.
Next are an assortment of pictures from the opening.  Bode really raked in the loot--a kite, lots of Xbox games, a Hot Wheels track, some cold hard cash, Nerf guns, some great Lego sets, an Amazon Fire, and other odds and ends I can't remember.  Santa (and our family and friends) were extremely generous.
We had a wonderful Christmas morning, and things only got better because Nana, Papa, and Uncle Dave showed up for lunch (to be continued :-)

No comments: