Wednesday, December 24, 2014

ABQ Xmas

We spent the last three days in Albuquerque visiting the Albuquerque McGuirks.  Bode sees his cousins a few times a year and loves the time spent with them.  We figured they'd be doing all sorts of exciting things.  Here's an action photo...
Yup, that's Bode playing the Xbox.  You'd think we didn't have one at home.  Alas, I chased him off the computer and urged him to actually play with people.  The kids pulled out a lot of toys that they hadn't played with in a long time.  Pat was thrilled to help them dig these items out of the garage.  Speaking of Pat, Dana has gone back to work, doing a few shifts a week as a nurse.  Pat is rediscovering his domestic skills.
They had the Ping-Pong table set up in the garage (get them a garage heater if you are still shopping for them).  We had a great time playing doubles.  Sean and Brenna, while decent players, were no match for the team of Grammy and me.  We dominated the youngsters (perhaps they were being kind to their elders).  After each game, I told myself I'd go grab the camera to record some of the rallies, but I never did.  Shame on me.  Bad blogger.  Baaaad blogger.

The kids all slept in the Great Room upstairs.  They fight over couch space and blankets, but we let the kids work that out themselves (it worked in Lord of the Flies, didn't it?)
I can't say we did a whole lot other than spend time together...which I guess is the whole meaning of the holidays.  We played Uno (Bode won) and watched football, and ate waaay too much.  We did go to Trampoline World, which was a smashing (jumping) good time.  Here's a cute shot of Bode and Devin in the car.
Sean, Devin, and Bode also watched Return of the Jedi, and I commended them on their cinematic tastes.
On our last night there, we opened presents.  Everyone, including Ginger (the dog) was ready for some action.
 
We had a great time opening the presents.  The highlight had to have been the present Pat and Dana et al. got Bode.  It's a "Fart Bull Horn" which is exactly what it sounds like.  Hours and hours of entertainment.  Here's a movie.  It's rather long, but the payoff is worth it :-)
We had a wonderful time in Albuquerque as we always do.  We are now relaxing at home.  I think Ashley is rubbing down our Christmas goose, err, turkey, and Bode is watching Spiderman or something like that.  I suppose I'll go downstairs, and maybe we can all watch a movie for some good old family fun.  Bode, of course, will be firing his favorite bull horn :-)  Pleasant Christmas Eve to all!

No comments: