Friday, November 29, 2013

T-Giving: Epilogue

Another trip to Disney in the books.  I really like going there, but if I had to choose, I would go in March.  There were some large crowds this past week.  In fact, the Soaring ride had a 140-minute wait for Stand-By folks.  As Dave said, there is absolutely nothing that would make that 140-minute worthwhile (unless you got to meet Gus Malzahn).  It was also nice to see everyone, especially the kids and the joy they got from all things Disney.

Unfortunately, I don't think I enjoyed the vacation as much as I could have, and it is entirely my fault.  In hindsight, I should have noticed this sooner, but on day two of the vacation, we noticed Bode constantly holding his weenis (a portmanteau of penis and wee-wee in case you don't get it).  In his words, he was uncomfortable down there.  In fact, during the Jedi Training, one of the instructors pulled him out because they thought he needed to use the bathroom (which is exactly what it looked like).  We knew something was wrong, and like any parent, I worry, and I can't have a lot of fun when my little dude is uncomfortable and in pain.  I blame myself for not paying enough attention because Bode had this condition even before we sent to Disney (he was grabbing himself a lot).  I thought he simply had to go.  My bad on that one; I promise I'll do better in the future.  While in Florida, we talked to the one of our nurses.  They didn't think it was an emergency situation, which assuaged our fears (somewhat).  Still, my worry-gland was in high-gear the rest of the vacation, and to those that I might have been a little short with, I apologize.  Fortunately, there is a (somewhat) happy ending, as we got home today, and went to the pediatrician.  I won't go into details, but the problem was similar to what Bode had before, and the doc was able to put things right.  Bode is a little sore and tender, but he was such a brave kid while on the table during what had to have been a very painful few seconds.  Still, no little boy should have to go through that twice.  Bad parent.  Baaaaad parent.
My bad, little guy.  I'll do better in the future.  Love, Daddy.

No comments: