Friday, November 29, 2013

T-Giving: Day 2

On Day 2 of our Disney vacation, we went to Hollywood Studios.  The weather was a bit chilly, but we persevered.  Disney really decorates for the holidays, although I don't think the tree was a real one.
The first thing we did was sprint to the Jedi Training sign-up area.  It was packed.  We had hoped to sign up both Teddy and Bode.  Unfortunately, the below sign prevented us from signing up Teddy, as he was a little late getting to the park :-( I think the Empire had put up road-blocks to make Teddy's trip to the Studios a little longer than he thought it would be.
They really enforced the rule requiring all participants to be present during registration.  I guess this prevents someone from registering 20+ kids and taking up an entire class.  Anyway, we signed Bode up and then rode the Star Wars ride. Afterwards, we headed over to the car lot.  There weren't many people at this part of the park (they were all at Jedi Academy or at the Toy Story ride).  Bode was being silly, not letting me take his picture.
There was a stunt-car show at 11 am.  We decided to wait in the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" play area, which Bode loved.
The car show was a-maz-ing.  Completely awesome.  It was mind-blowing how well they could drive without crashing into each other.  Perhaps I'm overly impressed by this type of stuff, seeing that I can't parallel park, but it really was something to see.  I have some pictures, but they don't really do it justice.
During one of the set-changeovers, they had a real-life version of Lightening McQueen show up.  That was pretty cool.
I did get a movie of the final car chase.  Very exciting, and we could feel the heat from the explosion.
After the car show, it was time for lunch.  We headed over to the Hollywood and Vine restaurant for a buffet and some character interaction.  We got to meet June from Little Einsteins,
Handy Manny (or as Jason called him, Bob the Builder),
Jake the Pirate,
and Special Agent Oso.
After lunch, it was time for Jedi Training.  I don't think Bode did as well this time around, but he said he enjoyed it.
After Jedi, we headed over to meet up with Teddy.  We ran into Stitch along the way.  While they were posing, Stitch let out a big burp and blamed it on Bode.
We finished the day watching the Indiana Jones spectacular.  I like that show, even though I have seen it a number of times.  Back at the hotel, Bode begged me to go swimming.  The weather wasn't all that great, but I did promise him we would go.  Fortunately, there was a hot-tub.  Bode discovered his swim-shirt will inflate, much like a balloon.  The kid looked like Mr. Incredible.
Much like yesterday, we were wiped out at the end of the day.
We had intended to watch the fireworks again, but I don't think any of us made it past 9 pm.  We are sad.  Tomorrow:  EPCOT.

No comments: