Sunday, November 10, 2013

Breckenridge

Because of the three-day weekend (well, a normal weekend for Ashley), we decided to head up to Breckenridge for a couple days of R&R.  The first day of skiing was Friday at Breck.  We didn't bring our skis, as early skiing is not really fun (in our opinion).  We need the blacks and double blacks to be open to really enjoy the mountain.  The weather was perfect--in the 40's and sunny.  Very picturesque.
I'd like to report we did a lot.  I'd be lying if I did.  We had nothing on our schedule, other than eat, sleep, and hang out together.  Saturday morning, we woke up early and went to Daylight Donuts for breakfast.  I had a couple donuts, Bode had one, and Ashley ate healthy (darn her).  Afterwards, we sat in the hot-tub because we needed a break.
We then got ready for the big Auburn game.  Ashley, of course, brought her gear.  We were also staying in a place that allowed us to have Harley, which was nice because we didn't have to worry about leaving her alone at home.  Do I even need to report the Mighty Auburn Tigers won 55-23 and are now 9-1?
After the game, we walked around the town, did a little exploring on the bike path, went to lunch, took a nap, watched more football, went to dinner, and then more football.  Like I said, we didn't do a whole lot, but sometimes you need those weekends where you do nothing.  We did buy Bode a cool shark hat, which he loves.  Here is a nice picture of Bode, Harley, and me.  Bode is the one in the goofy hat :-)
Bode wanted to get into the picture-taking, so Ashley let him use her camera (which is amazing, because even I can't use the camera unless I have adult supervision).
Finally, we have a nice picture of Mommy and her two favorite people.
There's a place along the bike trail that gets close to the water.  Bode loved tossing pebbles into the stream.  He also loves wearing that hat.
Harley and I stopped for a rest on a rock.  This weekend was the first time I ever saw Harley act aggressively towards someone.  I was walking her on the path, and some people approached.  Normally Harley wants to say hello to everyone.  They asked if she was friendly.  "Of course," I said.  As the man approached, Harley hunkered down, the fur on her back raised, and she started barking and growling.  I think it was the big hat and ski goggles that spooked her, because this happened a couple more times.  Perhaps she was simply protecting me.
We drove home this morning, and then went to Waffle House for lunch.  This afternoon, Bode and I did the great volcano experiment.  He received this cool volcano kit for his birthday and has been asking (pestering) me to do it with him.  Here is the erupting volcano.
We aren't up to much this afternoon.  Bode and I have tomorrow off, while Ashley has to go to work (poor thing).  Not sure what we will do, but sleep in is high on the list :-)  Happy Vet's Day to all!

No comments: