Friday, April 25, 2008

Humor

Greetings. Today is a wonderful day. The sun is shining (sort of), the birds are singing (damn things starting crooning at 0500 and woke me up), and I have 4 cubic yards of mulch about to be delivered. You might not think this to be the makings of a wonderful day, but I do, for I took leave from work today. I quickly realized I would not be able to do massive yard projects like today's if I also had to juggle watching the Bode-man. Thus, Ashley took him to day-care, so I'm all alone (well, Auburn and Dudley are here with me). The silence in the house is a bit unnerving, and I do feel like I should be doing something...

I had this great picture to show everyone. You see, the other day, Ashley was doing some work around the house. She was also wearing some loose-fitting jeans and a short shirt. At one point, she was crouched on the ground, doing exactly what, I can't remember. A wonderful side-effect of this position was Ashley doing a great impression of a plumber i.e. the dreaded crack was on display. It's not very often Ashley does something unlady like, and seeing that our camera is always within an arm's reach, I surreptitiously snapped a couple photographs. As a surprise, I made the picture the background of our computer. I had it up on the screen when she came into the office. Her initial reaction? Well, there was no reaction, which sometimes is the worst reaction possible. She took one look at the screen, one look at me, and promptly turned around. No words were necessary. The look in her eyes said enough. She was not amused. Evidently, humor, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I removed the file and deleted all copies (as far as she knows). Perhaps one day when she develops a better sense of humor, it will be seen on the web (the year 2284 is the target date).

Fortunately, I do have some other pictures that may satiate your appetites this morning. First, we have the five bulls: Frank, David, Teddy, Bode, and me.Next, we have Bode and Auburn relaxing on the world's greatest blanket.Last, we have Bode and Mommy...it's a little blurry, but it's still cute.Well, the mulch truck is here, and it's certainly not going to spread itself. Maybe I could somehow attach a sled to Auburn...

Pleasant day to all.

No comments: