Sunday, April 13, 2008

Nothing But Pictures

We had a great week, so rather than bore you with nonsensical commentary, I'll simply post photographs with some minor comments that help to enhance your picture viewing experience.

First, last month, Ashley and Bode had some professional photographs taken to mark the little guy's 3-month anniversary. I was not able to join them, so the pictures turned out great :-) Hopefully I'll make it to the 6-month session. Below, we have the Bode-man holding hands with Mommy. It's hard to tell, but the little hands are Bode's while the bigger hands are Ashley's...
Next, we have Bode and his Mommy. Ashley was a little disappointed that Bode wasn't giving any of his BIG grins (obviously attributed to my absence), but at least he has some semblance of a smile.
When I got home, Ashley was telling me about the photo-shoot. She said on the way from the car to the studio, a sniper was shooting at them and they had to run for cover. A few days later, she said she may have misremembered and the sniper fire was actually a car back-firing. Interesting; maybe she should run for President.

This weekend, Nana and Grandpa (Ashley's parents) came for a visit. Before their arrival, Bode could hardly contain his anticipation.
When they did arrive, he was all smiles. First, we have Bode sitting in Granddad's lap.
Next, we have him sitting with Nana.
We started feeding him real food this week. His first meal was yesterday (Saturday) morning, and he ate about 10 little tastes of banana baby food. He loved it, and showed no ill-effects. He had some more this morning; tonight, we'll take him out for a steak dinner.

Bode was baptized this morning in church. I didn't bring our camera, but Nana and Granddad took some shots. When I get a copy of them, I'll post them. Plus, we're getting a DVD of the whole event, so I'll try to upload the relevant parts. That will require some editing on my part, so it might be awhile (aka don't hold your breath in anticipation). Bode did great--was quite pleasant throughout and didn't make a peep. His little feet twitched a little when the water was poured on his head, but he actually seemed to enjoy the attention. What's even better is the water didn't burn his skin, so we know he's not a vampire (that was keeping me up at night with worry :-)

Pleasant day to you all.

No comments: