Saturday, September 24, 2022

Swim Meets

Bode had a high school swim meet on Wednesday. He swam the 100-yard butterfly and the 100-yard backstroke as well as two relays. The only picture from this meet that I got was during warmups; I had intended to take more pictures, but I got roped into timing.

He swam amazingly well. In the 100-fly, he got second, and was 0.1 seconds away from breaking the elusive 1-minute barrier.
Additionally, Bode WON the 100-back, which is one event I would not have expected him to win :-)

Bode had a Coast swim meet today, and he is also swimming three events tomorrow.  His first event was the 200-yard freestyle. Here he is at the start; his buddy, Jai, is in the lane next to him.

Here is a good one of the two of them right after the start.
Bode swam a PR of 2:02, four seconds faster than his previous best. Even better, he nosed out Jai at the finish. However, in the 100-back, Jai got the better of Bode, which set up a rubber match in the 200-medley. Here is a picture of the two of them before the start.
I recorded the whole race. It is hard to tell who wins (I think it was Bode, but I am biased). Ashley said the electronic scoreboard showed Bode winning as well, but you can never be sure with those--while I trust the Olympic timing systems, our systems are sometimes a little shaky. Bode is the second lane from the right in the video.
He swam another PR in the medley finishing in 2:19. I think we all need a nap now, although we can't really sleep until the end of the Auburn game; here's hoping for a victory :-)

No comments: