Sunday, September 18, 2022

First Band Performance

 The high school band takes up a lot of Bode's time. He has marching practice twice a week from 5 - 8 pm, which really cuts into his leisure activities. The first football game of the season was in late August, it really rained, so there was no half-time performance. The next home football game, the band wore their uniforms and they looked amazing. Sadly, Ashley and I volunteered to sell popcorn to support the band booster club. We thought selling popcorn would have been very easy, but over the course of three hours, we hardly have a break. We did stop when the band entered the field, and I did my best to take a picture and a movie; below are the best that I could do.

In the above picture, you can see the band all lined up. They march into the stadium and come around the track. It looks amazing, especially with those headdresses. I took a movie as they marched by, but I think I got interrupted and had to return to my popcorn duties.
They had a great half-time performance; we heard all of it but didn't see anything; popcorn sales go through the roof during the game break :-) Hopefully this weekend we can actually watch the whole show and get some good film. Pleasant week to all.

No comments: