Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorial Day Weekend

We've had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.  On Saturday, we had a low-country boil of crab legs and shrimp, along with some potatoes, sausage, and corn.  The Tobiks--Stacey, Carter, and Tim--came over for an afternoon of eating; we must have gorged ourselves, because I forgot to take many pictures.  I did take a picture of Tim and Carter out on the waverunners.
While we were eating, we realized Ashley and I (and Bode too) have been in the house on Poquito Road for two years now; we also realized this was the first time we'd had the Tobiks over.  Amazing (and a bit scary) how fast time flies, and that you really need to make time to spend with your friends.  Bode, Tim, Carter, and I did play a little badminton, but it is probably best that I forgot to take pictures :-)

On Sunday, Ashley and I did some roller-blading, and then we convinced Bode to ride our bikes down to the Sonic for some shakes/slushies (we really had to twist his arm).  In the evening, Bode and I played some Wii--we got a new CD of Mario Kart, so we are rediscovering how to play that classic game.

Today (Memorial Day), Ashley and I went to her gym and did the Murph hero workout, which consists of a one-mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 air-squats, and then another one-mile run.  The hard-core people wear a 25-pound weighted vest while doing it; we are not hardcore :-)  Still, we finished the workout, and I even beat my best time, finishing in 45:10.  Afterwards, and after I spent some time outside wondering if I was going to throw up, we took some pictures.  First is a nice shot of Ashley and me.
Ashley's gym partner, Sondra, also did the workout, so we got a group picture.
This afternoon, Sondra and her youngest daughter, Mia, came over for a little food and relaxation.  We ate chicken, hot-dogs, and too many pieces of this killer cheesecake medley Sondra brought.  Afterwards, Bode, Mia, and I swam in the bay while Sondra and Ashley relaxed on the dock; we had a lovely time visiting with Sandra and Mia and hope to make this an annual Memorial Day tradition :-)

Tonight, we definitely do not need to eat anything else...that probably is true for tomorrow as well.  Bode will (hopefully) finish up his online school this week and be done with the 6th grade.  Pleasant week to all.

No comments: