Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Summer

Bode successfully completed the 6th grade.  We're very proud that he earned all A's for the 4th quarter.  He worked really hard on the online learning modules, and some were quite challenging.  On one of the science tests, Ashley and I took it three times, and the best we could get as an 84 (I do think there were some shaky questions).  Now that he's a soon-to-be 7th grader, you might wonder how is he spending his time?  He's doing swimming and his music lessons, but he does spend a lot of time logged into the Oasis (reference Ready Player One)...
The carriage house is coming along amazingly well.  The roof was shingled this week, and all of the outer siding is done.
Internally, we have all the skeleton electrical work and plumbing, and all the insulation is installed.
Dry-wall is supposed to start tomorrow and go through the rest of this week; hopefully we don't have a hurricane hit us this weekend :-)

Bode has hit last meeting for the spring youth sinfonietta.  Their movie which shows all the individual students playing their pieices stitched together was debuted.  I don't have a copy of the movie, but it is posted on youtube.

https://youtu.be/h8gUv8tSfno

I had a wonderful birthday on Monday and did my own birthday workout--47 pull-ups, 47 thrusters, and then I ran 4.7 miles.  Ashley and Bode made me a wonderful birthday cake, and then on Tuesday, Bode and I went miniature golfing.  Bode and I played two rounds, and during each round, I got a hole-in-one on the last hole--into the snake's mouth--and earned a free game.  I probably should have purchased a lottery ticket.  Pleasant week to all.

No comments: