Saturday, June 15, 2019

Callaway II: Activities

As I said in the first post, we did a lot of different activities while at Callaway.  On Wednesday, we went kayaking, which marked Bode's first time in a kayak.  He seemed to enjoy it...but I also think he simply liked splashing people with his paddle.
Here's a pretty one of Ashley and I approaching a bridge.
Here's one of Dad and Bode coming under the same bridge.
Kayaking was a lot of fun.  It looked like it was going to rain, but it never did, and the cloud-over was probably a blessing, as we did get enough sun throughout the week.

Ashley and I did the circus trapeze.  Ashley's performance far exceeded mine; I guess this age thing is starting to catch up to me.  Bode was the photographer and captured the following shots. First, it's Ashley heading up the ladder.
Here she is reaching for the bar.
Next is a movie of her routine.  She did it perfectly.
Next was my turn on the bar.  Here I am going up the ladder.
Next is my routine.  I did not do it perfectly--my flip was fine, but I was not able to get my legs over the bar to swing upside-down.

Finally, after a long day, Dad took us to the Gardens restaurant.  Bode loved it--he got a NY strip steak, and surprised us by eating almost all of it; fortunately, he saved the leftovers and had the rest with his eggs the next morning.
After the big meal, we all decided we need to do a little more to burn more calories during the day.  Fortunately, we were at just the right place, as there were activities galore.

No comments: