Sunday, May 26, 2019

Start of Summer

As we approach the start of the summer, I must say I'm very pleased with the progress in the garden.  In Colorado, I would just be starting the corn.  Here in Florida, we'll be eating corn in a matter of weeks.

The cucumbers and watermelon vines are also going nuts--lots of flowers and blooms, but as of yet, no little future pickles in the garden.
The beans and peas are also going well.  We might have some beans with dinner tonight, while a pea harvest is about a week away.
When I thinned the corn, I moved some to a different side of the garden.  I'm happy to report that this corn is also doing well, but is about three weeks behind the big corn.
I have approximately ten small tomatoes on my tomato plants.  Here's hoping they continue to thrive.
Bode still has one week of school left.  However, all the assignments are done, and the grades are finalized.  Little man did quite well.
We are very proud of how hard he has worked this semester.  He had a successful youth symphony recital, he continues to work very hard at swim practice three times a week, and his grades are top-notch.  We've even started talking about summer goals--we'll see if we can get him to do some reading :-)

Very hot here this weekend; I think we are going wave-running this afternoon :-)

No comments: