Sunday, March 17, 2024

Southeastern Swimming

I can't believe it has taken me so long to get this posted to the website. Per a previous post, Bode qualified for the Southeaster Swimming short-course championship meet in the 100-butterfly, the 200-butterfly, the 200-freestyle, and the 50-butterfly. This is the first time Bode qualified for this meet, so he was excited to go. I drove him up on the Friday (this meet took place in the middle of February), and then Ashley came up to see him over the weekend. Thus, I only have the pictures and movies from when I was up there. There are more pictures on Ashley's phone, but it seems like its easy to break into a bank than to quickly get large movie files off her phone. First, some pictures. The meet was in Huntsville, and the venue was very nice.

Here's Bode talking to a couple of his friends before the meet.

I only have videos of Bode swimming the 50-fly and the 200-free. He swam personal bests for both, which is good, but he always seems to think he could have gone faster. Below is the 50-fly (he is in lane 1).
Here is the 200-free. He swam in 1:48:69 (or something like that--not sure of the exact hundredths of second that he got); pretty amazing considering he only went below the two-minute market less than a year ago. I was very high up in the bleacher, so it is not a great video.
When I got home from the meet, Rowdy had let me know his displeasure about being left alone. Such a sweet dog.
Of course, it is always good to see the dogs no matter how bad they were. Here is a cute video of the two playing tug-of-war.
Ashley and Bode are currently skiing in Breckenridge, so I'm sure I'll post some pictures of their vacation.

No comments: