Sunday, July 24, 2022

End of Summer Meet

Bode had his final swim meet of the summer, and he now has ten days off from swimming before the high school season starts. Bode swam nine events over the past two days, and in all but one, he swam a personal best. I won't go through every race, as I'm sure all the pictures look the same to everyone. He shaved three seconds off his 200 Individual Medley time, and below is a shot of Bode at the start of his 50-freestyle.
Initially, he was very disappointed in his 50-free time--he did it in 27.9 seconds.  He was not in things mentally because he was mad at me most of Saturday for signing him up to swim the 200 butterfly.  He was not looking forward to this swim, which was shortly after the 50-free, but he swam in and did great--2:28 if my memory is correct. He even said he was glad he swam it afterwards, so I told him sometimes Dad does know best :-) He then finished Saturday doing a leg of the 200-relay. His 50-split time was 25.5 seconds; I know relays times don't really count as a personal best, but he proved to himself that he can swim fast as long as his mind is in it.

Today was a great day. Bode started with a 100-free, and swam in 57.6 seconds. He followed this up with a 100-butterfly in 1:02.1. I tried to get some action photos of this event, and these are shown below.
His third event was the 100-back, and he was not thrilled with his time, so we won't dwell on it. He finished with a 200-free in 2:06, shaving another three seconds off his time. 

We are very proud of Bode's dedication this summer.  He never opted out of a practice even though they were at 7:30 every morning out in Destin.  I'm sure he'll sleep in some this week (as will I :-)

No comments: