Sunday, May 22, 2022

Final Band Concert

We had Bode's final middle school band concert this past week. It was nice to see the Meigs Band play one last time. They called it the Legacy Concert. I think this is due to the fact the graduating 8th graders had three different band instructors during their time, and they were all at the concert.

The first piece was a version of Loch Lomond.  It was conducted by Mr Harris, who had been the band teacher at Meigs for 37 years, and he helps a lot during the year.

They also played a fun version of the theme from The Incredibles. I didn't record this one--not sure why; I think I just forgot to hit record :-( Towards the end of the concert, they presented various awards and certificates for achievement. Bode received three awards: one for playing in the solo and ensemble event in April, one for making the All-County band, and one for making the All-State band. I recorded all three presentations, but I only included the All-State one.
The band finished the night with a wonderful rendition of some music from Harry Potter. Ms Leffard conducted, and she was Bode's 6th-grade band teacher.
Afterwards, we took some pictures. First is a lovely picture of Bode and Ms Tordi, his current band instructor.
Ms Noe was at the concert as well. She was Bode's 7th-grade band instructor. Here's a cute picture of Bode, Ms Noe, and Brendan.
Finally, I got a picture (a blurry one) of Bode and Ms Leffard.
Ms Tordi put together a grade slide show with some pictures and movies of the kids throughout the year. I am trying to get a copy; if I get one, I will post it (or a link to it) here.

It is hard to believe middle school is over; done in the blink of an eye ;-) Hopefully high school will be just as fun, and we all hope a pandemic doesn't strike halfway through! Pleasant week to all.

No comments: