Sunday, December 26, 2021

Christmas Peas

 The weather has been wonderful here these past two months.  I planted some peas in November just to see if they would grow.  To my surprise, the peas did better than they did in the summer. I am starting to realize that unlike Colorado, the middle of summer isn't really the best time to grow certain things.  I grew peas earlier this year.  They grew great for awhile, but in early June, they all died for some reason (maybe the heat?)  I picked these and we had some at dinner--they were fantastic!

I haven't been shaving for a couple weeks (gotta love being retired from the military.)  I've perfected my evil villain look.
There is a lot of grey in the beard, so I shaved it off; Ashley hates it when I look like this.
And hate is not the correct word; she won't even talk to me when I have a mustache; thus, I had to shave for the sake of domestic harmony.

We are not doing much this week--Bode will do swim practice, Ashley will go to the gym, and I will play a lot of pickleball...and I think we'll probably clean the house before we ring in the new year!

No comments: