Friday, December 24, 2021

Auburn Basketball

 We took a fun trip up to Auburn to watch the men's basketball team (ranked #12 in the nation) play the Murray St Racers.  We drove up and checked into our hotel before the game.  Bode was grateful the room had Wifi as he had gone the entire 3-hour trip without seeing a Youtube video.

Once we refreshed ourselves after the drive, we headed over to campus.  We stopped for some pictures, first in front of Samford Hall and the Auburn Christmas tree.
We then headed to Toomer's Corner for a lemonade and stopped for another picture at the campus entrance.
We then headed over to the arena and watched the teams warm up.  We were excited when Bruce Pearl entered the arena.
I took a lot of videos in hopes of getting some good plays.  It seemed that every time I recorded, Auburn turned the ball over.  Still, I did get this dunk.
I tried to get a selfie during the game; Bode wasn't cooperating, and apparently I couldn't get my big head into the frame.
I did get (sort of) a pretty cool movie.  In this next clip, Auburn had the ball, but they had the ball deflected way into the backcourt.  The shot-clock was winding down (you can hear me saying, "Shoot it! Shoot it!")  The shot is taken out of the camera view, but it was from beyond half court.  I remember feeling disgusted because I thought it was going to be another Auburn turnover; instead, the shot swished in.
Fortunately despite all the turnovers, Auburn won rather easily.
Bode was amazed at how tall the players are--he said TV doesn't do justice to their actual heights.  In the photo below, #10 is 6'10" while #13 is over seven feet tall.
We had a wonderful trip up north.  We returned home to beautiful weather.  Ashley and Bode took the waverunners out today; it is crazy that Bode can now legally drive them on his own--he even has a license to prove it :-)
The jolly fat man should visit our house tonight (no, I'm not talking about myself).  Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

No comments: