Friday, October 29, 2021

Halloween Performance

 The youth symphony had their Halloween performance last night.  The weather was nice and warm...but extremely windy as the flags can attest.

Despite the wind, the show must go on, and it did.  I took a few shots of Bode during the sound-check.
They started just before 7 pm and opened with The Pink Panther.
I think the kids sounded great even if the wind is a bit overbearing on my camera microphone.  Next, the kids played Peer Gynt.  There are some soft parts of this song which are hard to hear on the recording, so I won't post it; needless to say, it was great.  After this classic, they played a Halloween Medley, and I am sure you will recognize some of the melodies.
When the performance started, the symphony director stated they wouldn't be doing their Danse Macbre piece due to the wind--it's a rather long piece which would require a number of page turns.  However, at this point, the wind actually died down, so they gave it the old college try.  I didn't record (I think Ashley did), but I did take some pictures.
The last piece of the evening was Michael Jackson's Thriller.
All in all, it could have been a lot worse (e.g. rain :-)  I think the symphony starts learning their holiday repertoire on Sunday.  Let's hope the wind stays away for that concert in December!

No comments: