Monday, December 30, 2019

Orange Beach

We spent the last few days over in Orange Beach, Alabama, visiting with Jon and Meghan and their two boys, Elliot and Oscar.  Ashley and I spent some time one morning walking on the beach.
I then tried to give Ashley the paparazzi treatment; she was not amused.

Bode brought his Oculus system and introduced Jon to the VR-world.
 We all went putt-putting and Ashley, Bode, and I did some go-kart-racing (I didn't bring the camera so no pictures).  Bode does not like it when you bump him when you're racing; he quickly points out all the signs say bumping is prohibited.  To that I say, "What bumping?  It's just rubbin' and rubbin' is racin'."  We awoke Sunday to a beautiful sunny sky.
We decided to do some golfing.  I tried to get a movie of Jon, but sadly, something distracted me right before he hit.
Ashley was nice enough to film one of my shots; good to see the swing is still a thing of beauty :-)
Finally, here's a shot of Ashley--not her best drive, but certainly not her worst.
After one of Ashley's shots, I again gave her the paparazzi treatment, and she again was not amused.

We played nine holes and didn't set any records.  Still, it was nice to get out on the course.  When we got back to the condo, Meghan was in the parking lot with Brody (the dog).  I have him the paparazzi treatment as well :-)
While in Orange Beach, we also spent some time in the pool and, more importantly, the hot-tub.  We had some wonderful food (too much food) and enjoyed the three days there.  We returned home today in order to prepare for the big New Year's bash (probably something that will involve more eating).  Pleasant day to all.

No comments: