Thursday, December 19, 2019

Global Warming?

The tides are quite low right now...probably having to do with it being close to the winter equinox as well as just having had a full moon, but I'd be lying if I said I know exactly what causes higher or lower tides (although I do know it's something to do with gravity :-)

Below are some pictures of our beach.  I'd always considered it to be a low tide if the bottom step was not underwater.  Today, our steps were completely dry.
Beautiful day here--water was very calm, and temperatures were in the 60s.  Still a little cool at night, but that is why we have our little heaters. 
Bode continues to like his Oculus (his virtual reality game player).  Ashley and I find it amusing because Bode is not aware of his surroundings when he's in game mode so we have some fun with him.  The first video is just of Bode playing, while the second video is of Ashley and me goofing on him.
I think Ashley and I find this more amusing than Bode does :-)  For those of you that want to know what Bode is seeing in the goggles, go here--it's a youtube video of someone else playing, but it gives you an idea of what is going on.  Bode is done with school for the year (for the decade!), I'm off until 2020, and Ashley's final day is tomorrow.  It should be a nice little break for us.  Pleasant weekend to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Messing with Bode while he is playing VR looks like a ton of fun. Got your 22nd Christmas letter this year. Looks like another exciting year for your busy and beautiful family. It was nice of you to diet with your dogs to make them feel included since all of you are so fit. Thanks for the card, great to hear from you. We miss you guys.