Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving Miracle

We are just wrapping up a long Thanksgiving Break.  Bode was off the entire week from school, while I only had to work on Monday and Tuesday.  I wish I could say we accomplished a lot, but we did not :-)  Lots of eating and relaxing, but we did manage to get some of the Christmas decorations up and get into the Christmas spirit.  On Thursday, Dave, Jennie, Teddy, Charlie, and Larry (Jennie's father) came down for a Thanksgiving feast.  Ashley prepared a wonderful turkey, potatoes, stuffing, green beans, and even made some home-made biscuits.  Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of the meal, but I did take some action photos playing some games after dinner.
Dave, Jennie, and the boys spent the night, and we all watched a movie.  The rest of the weekend is a bit of a blur.  Bode and I did some exercise, Bode went to a friends house, I put up some lights, and there was a little football game on Saturday called the Iron Bowl, which Auburn amazingly won.  Ashley was thrilled.  Afterwards, we had a little birthday cake for Ashley, whose birthday is on Monday, but she's traveling to California for a conference.  Bode and I decided to sing for her.
I think we are going to get a Christmas tree today and finish with the decorating.  Then, only 30 shopping days until the jolly dude comes down the chimney.  Pleasant week to all.

No comments: