Thursday, May 18, 2017

Snow!

It is the 18th of May, and it is simply pouring snow outside.  And it's not a nice gentle snow where everything melts when it lands.  It's cold, it's accumulating, it's heavy and wet, and I have already been outside (twice) to try to knock the snow from tree branches and my garden net.
I moved some of my pumpkin plants outside over the weekend.  I didn't move them all--I figured on the off-chance it got cold, I didn't want to risk them.  I had no idea we'd get three or four inches of snow, and a potential for a bad freeze tonight.  It's the second part of May.  Farmer's says the last freeze (50% probability) is 4 May.  A good rule of thumb has been 15 May.  But this much snow?  Now?  My poor garden...

Bode's final game of the season was last weekend.  The team played awesome together, passing and really doing a lot of the things we talked about.  Technically, the teams tied 2-2, but we declared victory because Bode (yes, our little dude) had a shot of goal that was clearly a goal, but the ref did not rule it as such.  Oh well--the boys had a great time, and finished with some post-game pizza.
I don't know what I'll do the rest of today--certainly not yard work.  Perhaps I'll go to the gym or clean the house (nah).  Pleasant day.

No comments: