Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Early Mother's Day

Even though Mother's Day is next weekend, we decided to celebrate a week early.  The reason we did this is because we wanted to go to the Broadmoor for brunch.  The place was booked solid for Mother's Day, so we opted to skip the crowds and go this past Sunday.  There were two mothers (Ashley and my Mom) and two sons (me and Bode).  Bode had a make-up soccer game before the meal, so by the time we got to the table, the kid was starving.
We feasted like kings (and queens) on crab claws, shrimp, bison, meats, cheeses, fruits, and who knows what else.  All told, Bode had seven (seven!) plates of food and three cups of ice cream.  We definitely got our money's worth.
Afterwards, we managed to get outside and hang out for some pictures by the lake.
Needless to say, we didn't have much for supper :-)

Today marked a big event.  My car--a 2004 BMW 325--was starting to show some signs of wear.  The Christmas tree-like dash board (numerous indicator lights illuminated) was probably the most urgent sign for me to realize it was time for a replacement.  After some careful searching and hard negotiating, it was time to say good bye to the silver steed...
and say hello to Baby Blue.
It almost the same car--a 2014 BMW 328.  It's an automatic vice a stick-shift (bah!), but otherwise, it's a very nice little piece of machinery.  I'd go into the technical specs, but I don't want to bore you (embarrass me) with my car knowledge :-)  Happy driving.

No comments: