Sunday, June 19, 2016

Breckenridge Weekend

We could not have timed our trip to the mountains better.  Temperatures were in the 90's all week, and the forecast was the same for the weekend.  Thus, there was no hesitation when we realized we had the mountain estate booked for the weekend.  Temps were far more reasonable--it even gets a little chilly at night, which was wonderful.  We relaxed Friday night, watching TV and playing games.  Saturday, we got up early and were at the Breckenridge Fun Park at the base of Peak 8 shortly after 9:30.  We bought our tickets and headed up the alpine slide.
Bode and I tried to race, but I don't think he's quite as daring as me.  However, we did see someone wipe out when we were riding the chair lift up to the top, so I think that tempered our risk taking.  Next up was some tubing.  It wasn't quite like snow-tubing, but Bode did like it.
It was a gorgeous day--I don't think we saw one cloud.
Next, Bode did a confidence course a couple times--I think he's getting too old for this, and is probably ready for American Ninja Warrior.
Next we all tried our hand at the rock wall.  None of us are any good at climbing, although Ashley did get to almost the top.
We had to pose for some quick pictures.
We didn't do too much else on Saturday.  Bode and I kicked the soccer ball, and Ashley and I did some work around the house.  Today is Father's Day, so we came home early and went to lunch at the Waffle House, which was lovely.  I then finally gave into Ashley's pleas and turned on the air conditioning.  I was hoping to wait until July, but it's 96 here today, so I figured it was time.  Pleasant week to all :-)

No comments: