Sunday, June 19, 2016

Bode in the ABQ

Bode spent seven days in Albuquerque to kick-off the start of summer vacation.  Uncle Pat and Aunt Dana are kind enough to host the little dude, and they budget accordingly so they have a large surplus of funds to cover Bode's 5-pint a day blueberry habit.  I don't know much about the events--we talked to him every night and Uncle Pat was kind enough to send photos.  Usually, all we could get out of him was that he was having fun...not the most talkative kid on the phone, but I guess we were cutting into his play time :-)  Below are some photos.  I think they went to a movie--looks like they had some nice snacks to help.
 There were the obligatory night backyard soccer games.  Note Bode's aggressive defensive stance.
 They are went to a mini-amusement park and rode all sorts of rides and played games.
 And here's a cute one of Bode and Devin.
I went down on a Sunday and picked Bode up.  It was nice to see Pat and Dana again, as well as the nieces and nephew.  We might try to head back down again in early August when I go on my terminal leave.  I did take a movie of the backyard fun, but it was nothing exciting.
Bode didn't put up too much of a fuss when we left, but I'm sure he misses having all sorts of playmates in the house compared to the two furry companions he has here, who, while fun to play with, have a hard time operating the Xbox controls with their paws :-)  Pleasant week to all.

No comments: