Friday, March 25, 2016

Spring Break #2

We had never gone tubing at Keystone, so we decided to give it a try.  The tubing runs are at the top of the gondola.  When we got out, we heard someone on one of the worker's radios say, "We got a puker in the gondola."  Bode laughed, and it made me rethink about wanting to work for a ski resort.

There is a large snow fort at the top of the mountain.  Bode asked me to build him something similar in our background.  I promised that if we ever got enough snow, it'd be at the top of my list of things to do.
There are some slides that run through the fort, so Bode tried them out.  The tubes seemed a bit small for a person my size, but Ashley did them and verified that yes, the tubes were tiny.
The view from the top of Keystone is amazing.  The day was somewhat clear, so you can see Breckenridge in the background.
It was now time to tube.  We headed over to the tubing area, watched the safety video, and headed out.  I tried to get some pictures and movies.  First up is a shot before our first run.
I had thought I would be able to take movies during a run, but you get going pretty fast, and I didn't want to drop the camera.  The three of us did a few runs together, and then I went by myself and filmed Bode and Ashley coming down the mountain (they are on the far left in the video).
Ashley then filmed Bode and I riding down together.
Overall, the tubing was tons of fun.  Afterwards, we headed back to Breckenridge, and again lazed around the house.  Forecast for Tuesday night and Wednesday was a ton of snow.  I did a bunch of shoveling and stacking of wood, which makes me feel like I'm really roughing it (even though I'm never out of wifi distance).  Wednesday, the snow was falling and the wind was blowing, and it was thirty degrees colder than Monday.  Thus, we opted to goof off instead of skiing.  We went to the Breckenridge Rec center, swam, splashed around, and relaxed.  It was a great way to recharge our batteries for our final day of skiing on Thursday.

No comments: