Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bodeman at Work

I hate Andrew "Dice" Clay. You may remember him (said in your best Phil Hartman voice) from such box office hits like The Adventures of Ford Fairlane and...well, there aren't any others. He was the comedian who liked to make children's nursery rhymes a bit dirty. As an example, "Little boy blew [sic]; he needed the money." Yes, there was a time in my adolescence when I gave this type of humor top marks. He had many others, and I've found that even after fifteen years, they are still ingrained in my memory (but somehow I can't remember to buy T.P. at the store...) So now, anytime we are reading Bode these lovely nursery rhymes, all I can think of are those stupid (but still funny) lyrics. Fortunately, I am able to censor myself around the little man, because we certainly don't need him going to daycare singing the R-rated version of, "Hickory Dickory Dock..."

Speaking of Bode, we were reading Dr. Seuss's The Alphabet Book (or whatever it's called). It's the one that goes, "Big A, little A, what begins with A? Aunt Annie's aligator, A, a, A." Like most of Seuss's work (and also Shakespear), you can just about sing the words, and they have a catchy little beat (iambic pentameter?). So, we get to the letter, K, and it goes something like, "Big K, little K, what begins with K? K-word, K-word, K, k, K." It's the last part that struck me as, well, perhaps something the editor missed. K, k,...K? Do I need to be singing this to Bode? Yes, it's very innocent, but I'm surprised someone hasn't sued...

We were out fixing our stone wall earlier this week. A rock had fallen out of place, so we got some quickcrete to secure it back into place. Bode was a big help (hinderance)...the best part was playing with the hose. He managed to soak himself, but loved it. Here is a picture of a wet Bode-man with some crazy hair.
Yesterday, we took the camera with us to daycare. One of Bode's buddies is a little tyke named Tyler (aka Ty-Ty). Whenever Bode sees him, he says, "Hi Tywer." After they exchange their formal greetings (usually a shove), they immediately run over to begin their busy day of playing.Finally, here's a shot of Bode as we're leaving. (Un)Fortunately, he isn't at all upset when we leave. As a matter of fact, it sort of looks like he's saying, "Mom, Dad? I'm with my boyz! What are you still doing here? "
It's getting cool here. Temperature for Saturday is forecast to be 71. Yikes. Ashley may have to go against what society says and wear nylons before Labor Day.

Pleasant weekend.

No comments: