Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Little Climber

Bode continues his physical development. He is now able to climb onto furniture without any assistance. Here is a video of Bode scaling a chair, doing what sound like strange bird calls, and then dismounting with perfect form.


He's tried climbing up on the sofa, but I think the soft cushion doesn't permit him to get enough leverage when he tries to swing his leg up. But he'll probably figure this out in the next week or so. He's also able to get off our bed, which is a pretty impressive drop for a little fella.

Ashley is mad at me...but it's kind of a funny mad (at least to me) as to why. Ashley's been spending some time with a personal trainer. She's worked so hard to get back in shape post-pregnancy, but she just needed a little extra push to cover those last few pounds. Now, as you may or may not know, I've been doing a lot of running since the spring. A big side effect of all the running is I can basically eat whatever I want and not worry about it. So the other day, I went up to Ashley and put on my best fake-serious face. I said, "Ashley, I'm having a little problem and was wondering if you can help me." "What is it?" she asked, somewhat concerned, but she's able to read me like a Dr. Seuss book and can tell when I'm being fake-serious. "Well, for the past two weeks, I've been eating and eating, and no matter what I do, I just can't seem to keep any weight on. What's your secret?" She proceeded to belt me in the arm, and I don't think I'm being unmanly by saying that it hurt :-)

A big four-day week coming up. Hopefully you all have big 4th of July plans! Pleasant evening to all.

No comments: