Sunday, February 4, 2024

Silver

There was a pickleball tournament here in Fort Walton Beach this past weekend. I played in the advanced singles division, and due to my increasing age, I was able to play in the 50-and-over bracket. I got second place, so I was pleased; of course, there were only five players, so second place is like the top 20% :-)


We also took a group phot with our medals. We played until about 9:00 pm on Friday, well past my normal bedtime, and it was also quite cold out there.

The men's doubles bracket was supposed to be today, but we had a lot of rain, so it was postponed until next weekend.

In a previous post, I think we mentioned that for the first time in his swimming career, Bode qualified for the Southeast Swimming championship meet. The meet is in a couple weeks, but the t-shirts for the team came back on Friday. I think we bought one shirt for each of us.
Bode will be swimming in four events--50-fly, 100-fly, 200-fly, and the 200-free. It should be a fun trip. Otherwise, nothing too exciting going on this week--work, school, swim, repeat :-) Pleasant week to all.

No comments: