Sunday, March 26, 2023

Ski Trip

Ashley and Bode took their annual ski trip to Breckenridge this past week. Sadly, my spring break doesn't coincide with Bode's, so I am not able to go (and, as many of you know, I'm no longer a big fan of the cold :-) They spent a week in Breckenridge and had a wonderful time. Since I wasn't there, I can't really do a good summary of each day's activities. I can post some pictures and relay to you what Ashley told me. The first night in town, they stayed with Uncle Dave. The three cousins sat still long enough for Ashley to snap a picture.

Ashley and Bode stayed at a condo in Breckenridge and skied for four days. Ashley said the conditions were excellent and the crowds were minimal. Here are some pictures. First, we have Bode getting ready after going up Falcon Lift.
I think someone must have been nice enough to snap this picture of the two of them.
Another day, another run from Falcon. Ashley said Bode is getting pretty good and she has a hard time keeping up with him.
The scenic mountains; I must admit, I do miss these views (but not the sub-freezing weather :-)
Bode was intent on skiing the dreaded double-black diamonds. He took a picture of one before he headed down; it looks fairly steep to me.
On Thursday, the Tobiks called Ashley and offered to meet them for lunch at Breckenridge. Tim and Carter live in Destin, but I suppose great minds think alike. Last year, they also were in Breckenridge for spring break. Sadly, they couldn't ski because Carter recently had shoulder surgery.
Bode and Ashley skied a significant number of vertical feet. On good days, we would get 12,000 feet or so when we lived there. Here is a shot of Bode after Day 1. They did 18,000 vertical feet that first day, and I think did close to 70,000 for the week.
David, Teddy, and Charlie came up for a couple nights. All of them did an Escape Room, and they set the best time for the month. In the picture you can see Bode is slightly taller than Teddy.
Here is a shot of their time--note they are the team at the very bottom of the list--I have no idea why they decided on Stinky Cheese Men as their team name.
That's all the photos I have. I think Bode has a ton on his phone, and if I find any that are worth posting, I'll do it. I know they had a great time, but I also know Ashley is worn out. It is a challenge for her to keep up with a teenage boy :-) The dogs were thrilled when they got home, but at some point, they wore themselves out and fell asleep :-)
Bode will have to remember how to swim come Monday. After the Region IV championships, Coach Brad sent out a meet-recap. Below is part of it.
Bode has Monday off, but he returns to school on Tuesday for the final two months of his freshman year. It is crazy how quickly this year has went. Pleasant week to all.

No comments: