Monday, August 7, 2017

Houston I

We spent the last five days down in Houston, Texas.  Yes, we just had a nice vacation to Georgia in July, but we felt the need to get back down to the heat and humidity.  Last year, Bode and Ashley made the trip (I had to stay home to take care of Harley...)  This year, all three made the quick flight down to Houston.  We woke up Wednesday morning in (relatively) cold Colorado, and by mid-afternoon, we were soaking it up in the pool.
Bode and I (and Ashley too--she's more than willing to swim when the temperature is 90+) spent some quality time in Penny and Milton's pool.
But swimming in the hot sun is exhausting, as Ashley can attest.
Our first night, Josh, Sarah, and Owen came over for dinner.  I did a poor job getting pictures, but I did try to get one towards the end of the evening.  Josh is at the end of the table, Penny is across from Ashley, and Milton and Sarah are on the far right.
Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of the slushy machine, but it was running strong with lemonade slushies the entire time we were there.  I am convinced we need one of the these machines, and have charged my executive assistant with getting us one :-)

No comments: