Thursday, June 15, 2017

Summer Time

I feel like a kid again--summer vacation!  I haven't done anything work-productive since the middle of May...and I don't feel bad about it :-)  Yes, I do feel bad that Ashley is being a model member of society, going to work every day, making a difference.  But I, too, am working--who do you think takes Bode to the pool?  And while at said pool, do I not also have to swim in the pool and play catch with him?   These things don't just take care of themselves ya know...

I have been doing some work around the house.  I put in a couple sprinkler system zones and am working on getting some sod installed.  I've also spent some quality time with Barkley.  Below is a picture from almost 10 days ago.  I say this because she's getting bigger every day.
Barkley and Joey have become the best of friends.  We are leaving the two of them outside when we go places.  They seem to be inseparable.  She didn't have any accidents in the house yesterday, but I don't think I'd trust her just yet (all in good time).  I did get a good movie of the two of them playing together.
Despite my heavy workload, I did manage to ease in a round of golf this week with Craig, an old friend from my Dayton days who recently retired from the USAF.  We both are strong supporters of the "no-work" philosophy, and we hope to play again in the coming weeks.
Bode has been doing a soccer camp this week.  He seems to enjoy it, and he's tired when he gets home, which is a win-win for all of us.  I got there early yesterday and got some pictures.
 
 
The garden is going well--I'll try to take some pictures of the yard and post.  It's quite a change from two years ago :-)  Pleasant week to all (and don't work too hard if you're one of the work-force)...

No comments: