Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Cirque

The Albuquerque McGuirks came to Colorado Springs for a brief visit.  We had a nice barbecue at our house on Friday, and then on Saturday, Mom treated us to dinner and to Cirque de Soleil, which was very cool.  I was a bit remiss in my photog duties, but Ashley did get a picture or two--nothing spectacular, but enough to prove to a jury we were there :-)

I WILL POST WHEN I GET THE PHOTOS FROM ASHLEY'S PHONE.

The "circus," as Bode kept calling it, was very good--some amazing things people can do.  I think Pat and I were both grossed out by "the world's most flexible human."  We kept expecting his spine to just snap and that'd be the end of the show.

On Sunday, the ABQ clan was kind enough to take Bode home with them for the week.  We've talked to him a couple times, and it sounds like he's having a great time (but hopefully he misses us).  Pat was kind enough to send some pictures.  First, a bit of a blurry one, but one of the two younglings playing cards.
Next, more of the same with Devin and Bode making pizzas.
I'll probably go and get Bode on Sunday.  Ashley and I aren't up to much.  She's working and I'm not, which doesn't seem all that fair (even I can admit that).  I am taking care of the pups, who are getting along smashingly well.
We are still working on the house-training, but otherwise, she seems to be a pretty mellow dog.  We probably have Joey to thank for that, as he's been playing with her almost non-stop.  Here's hoping we get her trained soon :-)

No comments: