Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Wolfe Pack

An "old" friend, which now has two meanings, one being we've known each other over 27 years and the second being we are getting older, came to visit.  Kristine Wolfe (Sharp) from my Papillion days and her family stopped in Colorado Springs on their return from a ski trip to Utah.  The house was packed because the Wolfes have four kids:  Paige, Abbie, Parker, and Avery.  I had no idea how to shop for a house of nine--I just started throwing stuff into the cart and hoped for the best.

The Wolfe-Pack stayed with us for two days including New Year's Eve.  I did take this one picture, which really only Avery was prepared for while the others hunted and grazed in the kitchen.
I also took some pictures of the kids when they were shooting off some party supplies as we rang in the east-coast new year (which occurred at 10 pm MST).
Kristine was kind enough to snap a group photo when we were in our festive gear.
I must also comment on the Scrabble games.  I got off to a slow start, finishing in dead last in the first game (I even lost to Avery), but I did come on strong and win the final two games, keeping the title of greatest Scrabble player to have ever lived.
We are now three days into 2017.  Auburn lost, so hopefully that isn't a harbinger of things to come.  Otherwise, Ashley is back at work, while Bode has a couple more days off at home.  I'm hoping he can go to a friend's house today, as I think he's starting to go a little stir crazy.  Pleasant week to all.

No comments: