Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween

We hope everyone had a great Halloween.  Bode dressed up as Darth Maul, and his costume was pretty cool.  Ashley dressed up as some type of blue-haired girl.  I'm not exactly sure who she was, but it was a pretty nifty looking costume.  Bode's school had a carnival last weekend, and the kids were encouraged to wear their costumes.  Ashley and I volunteered to work the carnival, so Ashley dressed up too.  Below is a picture.
Note how pretty the weather is.  Halloween, while nice, was a little cooler, evidenced by Ashley's jacket and hat.  Here's Bode going up to our neighbor's house.
The night was a big success--lots of candy and other sweets for all of us (err, I mean Bode).  Speaking of Bode, he has been taking a lot of pictures of the dogs.  Here are some cute ones.
Joey and Harley are doing very well.  Joey is a bit rambunctious when people come to the house, but he really is a sweet dog.  I'm hoping he calms down, but I have heard boxers are high-energy.

Bode had his last football game of the season.  I think they ended up in third place, out of eight teams, which is amazing.  They had two games (today included) where Bode's team scored on the very last play.  They had one player--Jace--that was just a stud (he's on Bode's right in the below picture).
I was doing a great job of recording the plays today, because I was hoping to get Bode doing something great.  On the play I don't, he scored, and I didn't start recording until the middle of the play.  Still, it's pretty neat seeing my offspring do well on the grid-iron.
Bode has also continued his swimming.  I am amazed at how fast he is.  His endurance can be improved, but he is only six...
Many of you (none of you) have asked how the garden project is going.  I'm happy to say a sprinkler system is now installed, I'm installed two of the four boxes, and have been busy moving dirt to level the surfaces.  Plus, the fencing is complete, meaning those pesky dogs can't get in.  Below is the latest picture.
Note the three trees on the far right.  We planted those early in the summer, and amazingly, they are still alive.  I'm doing my best to water them this fall and winter.  Here's hoping.  There's snow in the forecast for Monday, but I doubt we'll get any.  It's been quite mild--figures since we bought ski passes.  Pleasant week to all.

No comments: