Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Bode's School

Unlike last year, which has a Kindergarten Holiday Recital, there was no such group activity for the Keller Elementary First Graders.  I think the second and third graders have something, but the first graders were sort of left out.  Thus, Bode's teacher put together a little Thanksgiving event.  It started at 1:00 pm, so I had to leave work early (darn).  I got there late, so I didn't have a great seat, and it's hard to cram 20+ adults and 20+ kids into a first-grade classroom.  This first picture shows where Bode was standing--he's on the far right leaning up against the desk.
The kids all sang some songs and recited some Thanksgiving trivia.
They also came to the front of the room in groups of three and told a joke.  The jokes were actually quite funny and all were Thanksgiving related.  Below is Bode's group.
In case you couldn't tell, the joke was, "What is Superturkey's real name?" and the whole class says, "We don't know."  "Cluck Kent."  They sang some other songs, which were interesting, but if you've seen one, you can probably imagine what the others sound like :-) They all finished by introducing themselves and taking a bow.
Afterwards, there were cookies and snacks.  I hung out with Bode and his friends for close to 40 minutes.  I was in my uniform, which seems to attract kids to me, and I had to field all sorts of questions. One little guy didn't remember my name, so he just kept calling me soldier.  Very cute.

Three more days until the big Iron Bowl.  Ashley is already pacing.  It will be impossible to match last year's game; a win would be a wonderful end to the season, but Auburn has unravelled these past two weeks.  Here's hoping they can pull it together for one more game.  Pleasant Turkey Day to all.

No comments: