Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bode in the ABQ

Bode has gone to Albuquerque for two weeks.  He's spending time with the Albuquerque cousins.  We've spoken to him every night on the phone, and he is having a blast.  Uncle Pat sent us a couple pictures.  First, here is Bode hanging on some playground equipment with the whole crew (and some extra friends).
Next is a cute one of Bode from the pool.
On one of the days, they all went to lunch at McDonald's.  We have never really been to one with Bode, and Ashley has a tendency to call the food, "Fat Food."  Apparently this has made its way into Bode's lexicon.  To get him to eat, Uncle Pat had to special order the "non-fat chicken nuggets."  I know this because when I spoke to Bode on the phone, he was so proud when he told me about these special "non-fat" foods.  Ashley and I are staying busy (no we aren't).  We've been working on our deck and other odds and ends.  Sadly, we seem to be going to sleep around 7:30.  We are pitiful.

We had a real treat at work.  Yesterday was the Academy's graduation, complete with a Thunderbirds performance.  Today, the Thunderbirds usually leave town.  Prior to leaving, they wanted to do some fly-overs of the Academy and have a chase plane take pictures.  Thus, a group of us was up on the terrazzo with cameras in hand.  In this first picture, you can see the standard triangle formation.  To the left, you can see the camera plane (I think it was Thunderbird #7, but I'm not positive).
For the next pass, I put my camera on burst mode and let it do the rest.
Finally, a movie so you can get the sound effect.
I suppose I should get downstairs and help Ashley with dinner...or maybe we'll just go out to eat :-)  Pleasant weekend to all.

No comments: