Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

Bode started kindergarten on Monday.  His last day of preschool was Friday.  He made me sad when he said, "I'm going to miss Rylan.  He's my best friend."  Sniff sniff.  Anyways, he seemed to get over that, because he was very excited for school Monday morning.  Ashley and I dropped him off and met his teacher, Miss Sandoval.  She looks like a teenager (actually, she probably looks her age, which is likely mid-20's; it's simply I refuse to believe I look that much older :-)

Ashley got Bode all duded out with a cool backpack.  Here are some pictures at the school in the morning.  The first picture is a little blurry--Ashley was using her phone.
Next is a picture of Bode in the classroom in front of his chair.
Little man had no problems saying good-bye--he's been going to daycare since he was two months old, so saying bye-bye to Mommy and Daddy is no big thing.  He's so independent.  School ended at 2:30.  Ashley and I decided to be there at the end of his first day of school.  Here's a picture of Bode waiting for us.  He looks like such a big-kid to me (he's the little fellow in the middle of the picture).
Ashley and I have arranged for Bode to have a nanny.  Miss Jeanice will pick Bode up after school and take care of him until we get home from work.  We like this option, because it's nice coming home from work and having Bode already be at the house.  Here's a shot of Bode, Ashley, and Miss Jeanice walking to the car.  I showed this picture to Bode, and he asked, "Why do I have my arms up?"  If only I knew, buddy.
Miss Jeanice is the girl next to Ashley.  Bode really likes her, and I think she's going to work out great. Bode had his second day of kindergarten today, and all went well.  I guess he is now in the capable hands of the public schools :-)  Pleasant week to all.

No comments: