Sunday, December 30, 2012

Final Post of the Year

2012 has come to an end.  Well, almost.  It's 10 pm on December 30th, so I'm jumping the gun a bit.  Probably because I have sooo many New Year's Eve parties to attend (none).  We've had a lovely holiday, with lots of time off, lots of eating, and lots of laziness.  Just kidding on the last note--Ashley and I were very diligent and worked out every day.  Tomorrow will be a day of football and some house-keeping.  We should clean the place up, and maybe go to the store and buy something other than ham.  Bode has enjoyed being home, but I think he gets bored with just Mom and Dad around.  We've spent some time with friends, and he's always happy with kids his age.  Plus, today he asked if we could go back to Sean and Brenna's house.  Fortunately he has Harley to keep him company.
She just makes her sweet self comfortable on the good chair.  Harley had some visitors this morning.  I walked into the sun room and right in front of the window were some deer.  Harley spooked them away before I could get the camera, but I did manage to take this shot.  Note how attentive Harley is--if only the window wasn't there...
This break was nice--sort of a mini-retirement for me, as I did not shave for almost ten days.  Bode didn't like the scratchiness, and commented on my whiskers.  He even wanted this picture.
I'm not sure if we have any real resolutions.  I turn 40 in 2013, so I know I don't have many fast running years left.  Thus, I'm going to give it my all for one last year of personal bests.  I'm sure this will last to maybe February.  Of course, I do hope to run the USAF Marathon in September, but I'll see how the winter goes.  Have a Merry New Year and we'll see you in 2013!

No comments: