Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sky Diving

Now that I'm 39, I decided it might be a good time to exorcise some demons.  A few friends at work were talking about going sky diving.  I decided, why not.  Of course, after the decision, I was terrified, and have been so for a couple weeks, but I certainly could not back out considering two of the people going were girls.  Even though I'm the ripe old age of 39, I still have some pride.  There were four of us that went:  Me, Claudia, Lorenzo, and Adrienne.  We are pictured below BEFORE the jump.  We're smiling, but I think we are quite nervous.
After we arrived, it was a lot of waiting around i.e. plenty of time to think about the (bad) decision we made to come sky diving.
After a bit of a wait, it was time to suit up.
Obviously we were still laughing.  
My neighbors were watching Bode, and they decided to come and watch.  They were able to take some pictures.  First, here I am getting on the plane.
As of right now, I do not have any pictures of the jump.  I am awaiting a CD from the company, so I hope to post those later this week.  Here's a picture of Bode watching the plane get ready to go.
My neighbor was able to snap these as we came in for a landing.  The first one looks like we are about to crash :-)
Claudia had the foresight to bring champaign for the after-jump celebration.
It was quite an experience.  I hope to post action photos later this week.  For now, I'll just say it was quite a ride--50 seconds of free-fall!  Amazing.  Pleasant week to all.

No comments: