Sunday, March 22, 2009

March Madness

Stupid basketball pools. I checked my bracket this morning and found at best, I will have picked twelve of the Sweet Sixteen teams correctly...and that's assuming all my picks win today. Oh well, there's always next year. Ashley started out great on Thursday, picking 16 out of 16, but she suffered some setbacks on Friday. Her bracket is in better shape than mine, although she did West Virginia have going to the Elite Eight. Of course, we've been more interested in the NIT, as Auburn is through to the third round. Go Tigers!

Here are some more pictures from our FWB trip. First, here's Bode in Nana and PapaFrank's backyard.Next, we have Bode and Mama on the boardwalk.
Bode had his first French Fry on our trip. He's now officially given up fruit and expects fish and chips at every meal :-) While we were eating, I had some ketchup and tarter sauce on my plate, into which I would dip my fries. Bode was watching me, and a short while later, he grabbed a fry, leaned over, dipped it into the ketchup, and ate it. Yum yum. Evidently he's watching and learning all the time...hopefully he picks up on my good habits and ignores the bad.

Forecast is for a beautiful day. We hope to do some yard work while Bode is down for his nap. In order to ensure he sleeps well, I'm going to take him for a stroll around the block, and then maybe some turkey for lunch (go tryptophan). Pleasant Sunday.

No comments: